Home Business Special Use Permit

If a citizen desires to operate a business out of their home they should contact the Planning and Redevelopment Division to inquire if some type of land use regulation applies to their proposal. If the business involves non-residents coming to their home (as customers and/or employees), they will need to apply for a Special Use Permit.

Special Use Permit

A Special Use Permit application has a filing fee that covers the cost of a required newspaper public hearing notice and mail notices to neighbors. At a public hearing the applicant states their request and answers any questions from City Council members. Since it is a public hearing, neighbors and other individuals can comment to the Council about the request. At the end of the public hearing the Council takes a vote on whether to approve or deny the Special Use Permit request.

The Planning and Redevelopment Division administer Special Use Permit applications.