Trick or Treat hours in the City of Rock Island have been set for Saturday, October 31st from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.
The Illinois Department of Health (IDPH) has made the following suggestions for trick-or-treating:
- Anyone participating in trick-or-treating, including those passing out candy, should maintain 6-feet of social distance and wear proper face coverings.
- Consider leaving individually wrapped candy (spaced apart) on a table in driveways or in front of walkways, sidewalks, or any outdoor space where 6-feet of distance can be maintained.
- A Halloween costume mask is not a substitute for a cloth mask. Ensure that breathing is not impaired if a cloth mask is worn under a costume mask. If so, discard the costume mask.
- Trick-or-treat in groups with household members only.
- Candy collected during trick-or-treating should not be eaten until after handwashing.
Further IDPH guidance regarding Neighborhood trick-or-treating, or alternatives to trick-or-treating, can be found by visiting the IDPH website at www.dph.illinois.gov.
Please have a safe and happy Halloween!