Parks and Recreation Foundation Mission
The Rock Island Parks & Recreation Foundation
is an enthusiastic advocate for our city's parks and recreation department. The Foundation is committed to identifying and supporting parks & recreation improvement opportunities by encouraging and mobilizing the financial support of neighborhood groups, foundations and citizens.
Statement of Purpose
The Rock Island Parks Foundation is dedicated to future generations of citizens through efforts to preserve and expand our gift of parks and recreation in Rock Island. The Foundation will acquire financial resources through contributions and grants to make parks and recreation improvements. The resources of the Rock Island Parks Foundation are not intended to replace or substitute for tax revenues generated for the annual ongoing maintenance activities of the Rock Island Parks and Recreation department.
Foundation Funds Support
- Start up of new programming endeavors
- Construction of recreational buildings, facilities, or parks
- Playground replacement
- Facility upgrades beyond normal budgeted maintenance
- Arts and music programs
- Community special events sponsored by the Department
- Provide scholarship funding to participants, instructors or staff
Visit Rock Island Parks and Recreation Foundation
for more information
and how to get involved.