- Feature Links
- City Benefits
Available Employment BenefitsThe listed benefits are generic and vary with position, affiliation, and contract and provided the employee receives compensation for at least one full week during each pay period.
Paid Time Off
Type of Leave
Amount of Time Off
|Accumulated sick leave||
8 days per year
|Paid vacation||0-6 years of service||
2 weeks per year
|7-15 years of service||
3 weeks per year
|16 or more years of service||
4 weeks per year
32 hours per year
LongevityIncreases in salary are given to full-time, permanent employees upon completion of five, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of continuous service.
Health, Dental & Vision
- Plan effective the first of the month following 30 days of full-time employment for employee and eligible dependents
- City pays 77%, employee pays remaining portion through payroll deduction
- One health plan is offered with a vision discount program included
- Dental is voluntary with employee paying 100% of premium
- Vision is voluntary with employee paying 100% of premium
Employee DiscountsAvailable employee discounts vary. Some examples include a cell phone, fitness center membership, and discounts at local restaurants.
Educational ReimbursementPartial reimbursement for books and tuition is available to employees for training related to their field of employment (subject to conditions).
Employees participate in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF). The employee contributes 4.5% of their salary and the City contributes a percentage. Police and fire have a different pension plan and receive a defined benefit.
Bereavement PayThree days of paid bereavement for employee’s or his/her spouses mother, father, stepmother, stepfather, brother, sister, son, daughter, stepson, stepdaughter, grandparents, or a relative who lives in the same household as the employee.
Long-Term Life InsuranceThis type of insurance pays an employee or their spouse for loss of life or injuries from a covered accident.
Whole-Term Life InsuranceThis type of insurance is optional additional coverage that may be purchased by an employee.
Workers Compensation Benefit
- Wage replacement, rehabilitation, medical expenses for accidental injuries / illnesses arising out of and in the course of employment
- Provided in accordance with the provisions of the Illinois Worker’s Compensation Act