- Cost is $52.68 per year (billed quarterly on the property owner’s utility bill).
- The recycling cart will be included in the price.
- Subscribers may join the program anytime during the year.
- All recyclables must be placed in one cart.
- Recycling carts are emptied every two weeks.
Service Application Process
Once your application has been processed, you will receive a recycling cart plus specific information about the 2023 curbside recycling collection schedule, a list of items that can and cannot be recycled, and set-out requirements.
The City of Rock Island is divided into six (6) curbside recycling routes. Depending on where you live determines your collection date.
As of January 1, 2012, electronic items are banned from Illinois landfills.
To cancel the Curbside Recycling Program, please fill out a Voluntary Program Cancellation.
Additional Recycling Cart
An application will need to be submitted to request an additional recycling cart.
Reporting Missed Recycling Collection
The City of Rock Island has a contract with Republic Services to provide recycling services. If your recycling was not collected on your collection day, please contact Republic Services directly at 563-823-1323.