- Pay Your Bills
- Utility Bills
Sign Up For Water & Sewer Service All property owners must sign up for water and sewer services at City Hall. No deposit is required, but a photo ID must be presented. Bills must be mailed to the owners of the property. A duplicate bill may be sent to the tenant at the owner’s request for a small additional fee.
The City of Rock Island has a new mailing address for payments.
CITY OF ROCK ISLAND
PO BOX 1057
BEDFORD PARK IL 60499-1057
Items to Note
- Final readings should be scheduled to correspond with the change of ownership of a property.
- Appointments can be scheduled at City Hall by calling (309) 732-2000.
- Water is not normally disconnected with a change of ownership.
- All property owners are billed for utilities on a quarterly or monthly basis, at the City’s discretion.
- Water rates are based on meter size and usage.
- Sewer rates are based on water meter size and water usage.
- Stormwater rates are based on lot size or impervious area.
- Weekly refuse removal costs are billed per quarter, per dwelling unit.
Senior citizen and handicapped discounts are available; call Customer Service at 732-2000 for more information.
Additional Service Fees
The following voluntary services can also appear on your water bill:
- Water service repair program
- Sewer lateral repair program
- Curbside recycling
- Additional refuse container
- Yard waste subscriptions and carts
Payments may be made in the Finance Department with cash, credit or debit cards (Mastercard or Visa) or check (personal or business). You may also mail the Water & Sewer payment to the Finance Department, set up direct withdrawal from a checking or savings account, or visit eRock to pay the bill, obtain copies of invoices, or view usage / payment history.
Pay Your Bill in One or Three Installments
Option 1 - Pay in Full (Same as Previous)
Tear off the bottom coupon on your bill and pay the entire bill by the due date indicated on your bill.
Option 2 - Pay in Three Installments (New)
Pay the first installment amount with Payment One coupon by the date indicated. Keep your bill and submit the second and third payments with their payment coupons by the due dates.
You will not receive additional bills for the second and third payments. A 5% fee is added on the unpaid balance. Please note that if you choose the installment plan, you will receive a notice of delinquency statement from the City, which is required by law. As long as you pay all three payments by the due dates listed on your bill, your account will remain in good standing. This is not a monthly payment system; each payment is due 17 days after the previous payment.
Payment Drop Box
A drop box located at Third Avenue and 16th Street is available for deposit of payment made by check, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.